May 10, 2013

Here's to five years

Last night Russell and I celebrated being married for five years. It seems like a long time. It is hard to remember when I wasn't washing someone else's laundry or falling asleep listening to someone else's breathing. Is that a sign that we're meant for each other--when you find it hard to remember or imagine life without that other person?

Five years.

One basement apartment.
One house.

Dozens of home projects.
Five gardening seasons.

One house fire.

One baby.

Lots of (too many!) car repairs.
Lots of road trips.

Countless kisses, hugs, cuddles, and "I love you"

Five years.

May 9, 2008
Honeymoon in NYC--back when we were young!

As his gift to me, Russell spent much of his day cleaning up the back patio. It was a lot of work, but so thoughtful of him and so meaningful to me. He even made this fun sandbox so Evan can play out there without digging in our garden.


I love you Russell. Thank you for sticking it out with me for five years.
Here's to the next fifty or so...


No comments:

Post a Comment